What camera for documentary photography

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Roy van Kleef Roy van Kleef Post 1 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Hi there,

I normaly shoot weddings, but i want to pick up some documentery photography. More as a kind of expensive hobby though, but i still want high quality pictures ;)
The camera's i use for weddingphotography are the Canon 5DMII and the IDSMII. Those are a bit to large since i want a camera that i can take along without getting a sore neck or back all the time ;)

I hope you can advice me about what camera's are small, have good lenses, work great in poor light conditions and have a great sensor.

I was thinking about the Leica M9 only then a little bit cheaper..lol

Post Edited (20:15)
Marc Schlueter Marc Schlueter Post 2 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Take your 5D, put a lens like a 50mm/1.4 or 35mm/1.4 on it and go shooting.

Post Edited (2:33)
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 3 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
"I was thinking about the Leica M9 only then a little bit cheaper..lol"

You may want to research these camera to see if they would meet your expectations;
Olympus Pen E-P2
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1C
Panasonic Lumix LX3
lovewow lovewow Post 4 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I was thinking about the Leica M9 only then a little bit cheaper. I like fashion life and go to buy [url="http://www.cheapdiscountbagsonsale.com/"]burberry bags[/url] and [url="http://www.cheapdiscountbagsonsale.com/"]Cheap Marc Jacobs Handbags[/url],the
[url="http://www.cheapdiscountbagsonsale.com/C-75-b0"]cheap burberry bags[/url] is ok.
nickzantop nickzantop Post 5 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
The 1ds II would be perfect and really isn't so heavy that it's unbearable. It will make your neck a little sore after 10 hours of carrying it around, but if you have a comfy neck strap you won't find it bothersome and the images produced make any pain so worth it. For even less money even the original 1ds produces incredible results that are very printable. Ditto with the 5d or 5d II. The 50mm 1.4 would work great like Marc suggested. I love using 85mm lenses which are quite a bit heavier, but the 85 1.8 is not as heavy as the 1.2 - both produce great results. For an all purpose lens though, the 50mm is perfect.

Like Ken suggested, the Panasonic Lumix cameras are very nice - I have used one of the older models and was very impressed with the results. They're very lightweight and the lenses are of quite high quality.
Vladimir Plugnikov Vladimir Plugnikov Post 6 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
As I understood you would like to have compact and HQ camera like LEICA M9. As for me PANASONIC DMC-LX5 or DMC-GF3 could be OK. And at last these cameras have Leica lenses.
Best regards
Vladimir
P.S. By the way, what lenese for Canon cameras are best for wedding ?
digitalcameraratingsnet digitalcameraratingsnet Post 7 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I would recommend the Canon 5D Mark II in regards to a less expensive route, obviously your going to need some add on features and the add on grip really won't improve fps (good thing to remember) as also when your choosing lense, remember to get the full frame ones to match the full-frame format of the 5D Mark II. If your looking for a few steps up. Check out the Redone. Hope that helps.
aobamtao aobamtao Post 8 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Maybe 5D is a good choice, but i used Leica M9 before!!
_visual_notes_ _visual_notes_ Post 9 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Hey guys, this thread was opened in 2010...lol
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the