Starting photography equipment

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Terix photo Terix photo Post 1 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
At the start most photographers used a compact camera.
But if you want to go pro you need a professional camera.
I want to buy a pro camera but I dont think my budget allows me.
Theres an option.An Olympus e520 at1300 lei (didnt converted to $ beacouse not anyone on this comunity uses dollars), a canon 1000d costs about 2000 lei.
I dont realy want to buy the olympus beacouse in my country the lenses for olympus are very expensive, almost double the price of a pentax,nikon or canon lens.
My other ideea was to buy a bridge camera, but i heard the sensor is too small.
What do you think, is the bridge camera good for beginers into photography?
janik pac janik pac Post 2 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I had canon 1000d and my opinion is that it is a good choice for beginners. It is small ,light and easy for use.
You can use every objectives EF and EF-S.
If you have any questions just ask me.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
You don't need to buy a professional camera immediately. You could start of with a beginners or semi-pro camera. They allow you to learn how to work with the camera, without having to pay too much for them (and yes, they will make beautiful pictures).

A lot of people get the idea, that when they buy a professional camera, they can take much nicer and better pictures than with a beginner's or semi-pro camera, which is not necessarily true. The professional cameras do have a better sensor, and have more functionality, but most of the functions that you really need are also available in a semi-pro camera. It is important to know, that even a beginner's model can take very nice images, if the right lenses are used. The lenses are the most important part of the camera.

A lot of professional press/wedding photographers will carry two cameras, a professional one, and a beginner or semi-pro "backup" model. So that proves to me that these models suffice as long as you know how to set them up and use them, and if a decent lens is used.

The only real reason I can think of to buy a professional camera as a beginner, is if you are planning to blow up your images for large posters or banners, because the professional cameras have a full-sized image sensor (35mm). Beginner and semi-pro models use a smaller sensor format (I'm not going to get into the details of this).

I hope this helps you in choosing a camera.

Greets,

Glenn

Post Edited (21:33)
sanya s. sanya s. Post 4 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
For begginers i suggest you use a simple camera to start. If you take i big camera all at once it wont turn out so good. I have had a simple canon camera for three years and i have just bought a new bigger camera witch i now take better pictures from. I highy recomend a canon digetal camera for biggeners.

i hope this will help you alot!

sanya
matchless matchless Post 5 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I started from a compact camera, and you also recommend this path. As time passes you will see in what way it limits you. You will learn which direction to go, what you want from the equipment. There are people who will go straight into the deep end. Not saying that is a bad way, other than just mine. And somehow I'll stick with her still. Why buy something for a few thousand, because you might get bored with it over time or a bad system you choose for his later needs. I recommend personally at the beginning of the Samsung WB1000
Albatross Albatross Post 6 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
FYI I have an Olympus e520 and I like it very much.

I would recommend that you get a good flash and a diffuser. It is a good toe-in-the-water towards learning about lighting, and you can come up with better pictures if you can overcome backlighting with a diffuse flash.
Oscar Hoogendoorn Oscar Hoogendoorn Post 7 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
The all above tips are great! Some say, buy a Canon, others say Nikon etc. It is a matter of money sometimes. But I would say, look around by friends. What do they have. What is their opineon. What lens to buy first etc. And yes, it is always a matter of money.If that is not available, why not start with a (cheap?) compact camera.
But the most important thing is ........... do it! Start making photos, whatever the subject is. Just try out any light situations. That is the most important thing. You will learn from your mistakes. (I hope) Than you get to know your camera and what you can do with it or not do with it. So you will find out what kind of photography you like to do and what you need for it. Close ups? A macro lens. Bird watching? Long telephoto lens etc.
I started when I was 15 years old and had a very cheap Russian Smena8 camera. Very simpel. But when you find out you can do more with an reflex camera with interchangeble lensen, your hobby is growing and get (sometimes) more expensive.
Most important thing is ......... Enjoy taking photos!

Oscar Hoogendoorn
digitalcameraratingsnet digitalcameraratingsnet Post 8 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I would start off with a mid level amateur camera and learn all the features before you invest in an expensive digital camera. If you get a chance, your welcome to check out my website for some ideas. Additionally, once you get into the full-frame format DSLR cameras, your going to spend some serious money as well as on prime lenses. It is a large investment. I would get something that you can use now and grow into in relation to features and usability. Check out, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Nikon D7000, Canon EOS 7D etc. They are all on my website.
free-wheels free-wheels Post 9 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
"But the most important thing is ........... do it! Start making photos, whatever the subject is."

Best advise I've ever seen.

I have used compacts and the camera on my phone. Using limited equipment teaches you to be inventive with achieving the image you want.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the