Sigma vs. Tamron lens. Which one??

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I wasn´t sure where to ask this question so I thought I might ask it here and I hope that someone would answer it :)

I will be upgrading my Canon 1000D to a 50D and I will be also needing a decent wide angle-ish lens to go with it.
I´ve been looking around and found 2 quiet decent lenses: Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 VC and the Sigma 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 DC.

I can´t decide which one to buy so I was hoping that someone with any experience with those lenses could give me any advice.

Thanks

Post Edited (7:22)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
There is not so mch difference in quality between these two.
I would prefer the Tamron because it is 2.8 over the whole reach.
NicoleJ NicoleJ Post 3 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
It is important for you to choose a lens that suit on your camera for a better performance and it is also better if the lens can zoom in and zoom out to take good angle when taking picture.

________
Get a good action camera at http://actionshotcam.com
Tom Zduleczny Tom Zduleczny Post 4 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I used to have the Tamron, and it was excellent. Very sharp on the whole aperture reach, very little distortion, great contrast. There might be a slight problem with FF/BF ( i had some serious BF ) but it's rather typical for 'other-brand- lenses. I highly recommend the Tamron :-)

Cheers,
Tom
Babak J Babak J Post 5 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Just bought the tamron 90 mm macro with VC, and previously had the tamron 70-300 VC. All I can tell you is that VC works perfectly on tamron, and the are usally really sharp :)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the