Sigma vs. Tamron lens. Which one??

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Your data is safe with us!
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I wasn´t sure where to ask this question so I thought I might ask it here and I hope that someone would answer it :)

I will be upgrading my Canon 1000D to a 50D and I will be also needing a decent wide angle-ish lens to go with it.
I´ve been looking around and found 2 quiet decent lenses: Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 VC and the Sigma 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 DC.

I can´t decide which one to buy so I was hoping that someone with any experience with those lenses could give me any advice.

Thanks

Post Edited (7:22)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
There is not so mch difference in quality between these two.
I would prefer the Tamron because it is 2.8 over the whole reach.
NicoleJ NicoleJ Post 3 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
It is important for you to choose a lens that suit on your camera for a better performance and it is also better if the lens can zoom in and zoom out to take good angle when taking picture.

________
Get a good action camera at http://actionshotcam.com
Tom Zduleczny Tom Zduleczny Post 4 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I used to have the Tamron, and it was excellent. Very sharp on the whole aperture reach, very little distortion, great contrast. There might be a slight problem with FF/BF ( i had some serious BF ) but it's rather typical for 'other-brand- lenses. I highly recommend the Tamron :-)

Cheers,
Tom
Babak J Babak J Post 5 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Just bought the tamron 90 mm macro with VC, and previously had the tamron 70-300 VC. All I can tell you is that VC works perfectly on tamron, and the are usally really sharp :)
Google Ads Google Ads
Google Ads Google Ads
Google Ads Google Ads
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Your data is safe with us!
To the