Picture is too grainy

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Yochi Yochi Post 1 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Hi,
My camera is Nikon P90, I usually use the scene mode but when the light is too strong the result is very grainy.
Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Yochi
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 2 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Do you know what scene setting you used on this image?

[fc-foto:17713247]

If you used a close up setting and then zoomed the lens all the way out to capture a close up of this bird I would say that the focal lenght of the the camera 24X along with the close up scene setting produced this result. The close up scene setting should only be used if you are close to the subject, like a flower.
You may want to try setting the camera to A- Aperture Priority and then set the Aperture to the lowest setting, not sure what it is on your camera F2.8 or F4.0 and then zoom in on the bird, you will get the same Depth of Field but may have less nosie.
Or you could always go full Manual and see what results you get. ISO 100-200, F2.8 - F4.5, set you light meter, zoom in on the subject, if it still comes out this grainy then you may have an issue with the camera.

I made this kind of basic because I am not sure of your experience level.

Hope this helps.

Post Edited (16:46h)
Yochi Yochi Post 3 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Ken,
Thanks for your very detailed reply. True I am an amateur and was trying to figure out your terms ...
However I found out that the grains are also fault of the Nikon P90 and I returned it.
I bought instead my first DSLR camer Nikon D60 and am now in my first steps to discover what it's all about..
Thanks,

Yochi
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the