nikon batteries

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
anybody got any experience of using compatible batteries instead of the genuine Nikon part. I need a spare EN-EL9 and the Nikon part is £33 min. Compatible part cost is £15.00.
what do you think?
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
I use several compatible ones without any problems.
There are a few brands, ( the quite well known battery marks) who have quite good products, such as hahnel.

I use 2 pcs in a Nikon batterypack and can shoot for ages.
Niels Hjermitslev Niels Hjermitslev Post 3 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
I have bought some of the cheapest noname and used them several times without the effect is lowered.
Just because Nikon makes the best cameras does not mean they make better batteries ;o)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Roger, I have a 3rd party battery for D2X, no problems at all.
HUGE price difference too.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 5 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Roger,

I use equivalent EN-EL5 batteries from: -

EDsign Ltd
PO Box 361
West Malling
United Kingdom

http://www.edsign.co.uk/

in my Nikon P5000camera. They have the same life, same build quality, probably come from the same manufacturer, and are a fifth of the cost. I also use Maplin rechargeable batteries in my Olympus camera, rather than Olympus' extremely pricey own model.

As an electronic engineer, a battery is a battery is a battery - that is, if you buy from a reputable supplier.

Hope that this has been of some help.

Kindest regards,
John.
angelina240 angelina240 Post 6 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
hello , how are im looking fur fhoto grafer her in germany as soon as possible im fhom poland i need new fhoto..the money we talk liter i need very fast pls. contack tel.+491751060008..
John R Duckett John R Duckett Post 7 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
I bought a Hahnel equivalent to a Nikon EL1 several years ago. It's every bit as good as the Nikon part, has slightly greater capacity, and was exactly half the price of the Nikon part. I think it highly unlikely that Nikon make their own batteries so you might end up buying a "genuine" battery with just a different label.
mx51kev mx51kev Post 8 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
3rd party batterys are no problem i used one when the nikon d80 first came out. then used it in a mb d80 battery pack now im using it in my new nikon d90 no problem as stated before nikon make good cameras but it is highly unlikly they produce or desighn their own battery
kev
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the