nikon 18-200 lens

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Detlef Klahm Detlef Klahm Post 1 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
I have several people complain about focus or malfunction of the 18-200 VR lens by nikon
each time nikon says its " Users fault ".
Anyone else have a problem with this lens?
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
I dont use it, but i have heard before about problems with this lens in combination with the D200.
Detlef Klahm Detlef Klahm Post 3 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Nikon claims its abuse by the owner...not so sure...I think there are too many of those lenses having problems...what I can`t figure out is why Nikon does not look into this more as their reputation is at stake...after all there are so many camera/lens makers out there now, who back up there product better
Detlef Klahm Detlef Klahm Post 4 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
thanks Andy ! knock on wood...so far I have had no problems either...but several of my friends ran into problems !
Andrey Vazhgovskyy Andrey Vazhgovskyy Post 5 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
No problems with this lens at D200 at all, works great for more then year.
Ken Valkeith Ken Valkeith Post 6 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Had mine for over a year. Has been used very extensively without any problems. People say image quality is not very good, but must say that I have never had any problems with it. Sharp images at all focal lengths.
Gerry R. Dagonese Gerry R. Dagonese Post 7 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
I am seriously considering purchasing this lens for use with my D200. I have read mostly positive reviews. Detlef and Ruud, what problems are you experiencing or hearing about?

Thank you,

Gerry
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 8 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
These lenses are definitely not my favs, not any 18-200mm is, because i find they show too much decrease in sharpness simply due to the fact that the 18 - 200 mm is a long stretch. Compared to the shorter zooms and fixed focus lenses i use i find these long zooms simply falling very short in sharpness. You should very well consider for what purposes you want this lens. As a general walk-about lens it may work ok, but for anything more demanding it will just fall short.
Detlef Klahm Detlef Klahm Post 9 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
my lens fell apart ...yes I have probably taken 10 000 + pics with it, but I also paid $ 1000,- for it when it first came out..its a Nikon
what broke was a hinge to hold parts of the elements together...cost me $ 200,- to get it fixed.
most of my friends who have also bought the lens when it came out had very similar problems...mine was the last to go
Gerry R. Dagonese Gerry R. Dagonese Post 10 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Thank you Ruud and Detlef,

This information was helful.

Gerry
Marcus Rich Marcus Rich Post 11 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Great lens, very versitile, no probs for me.

Post Edited (13:49h)
Richard . P. Richard . P. Post 12 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Never had any probleme with my lens at all. It is my lenscap substitute for everyday work.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the