cameras

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deb Buzza Deb Buzza Post 1 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
What digital slr camera is the best out there?
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Deb

This should be a good debate !

I'm a Canon user and the new 1Ds Mark 2 is probably the best in their range. However if you don't have the price of a small car in your bank account, then the EOS20D is the current "prosumer" model. I have one and it is excellent. I also had/still have a 10D which was discontinued when the 20D came out in September. It is still a great camera and I am sure there are secondhand ones to be found.

Below that the entry level is the EOS300D. I'd not be surprised if it was upgraded in the next 6 months, but it is a good camera. Personally I would avoid buying the body and lens packages and instead spend a bit more on a good lens from the Canon range. I don't think the package lenses are that good.

Can't comment on Nikon, but I am told the D70 is a good camera.

Practical Photography recently had a buying guide, if you are in the UK.

David
Christian Fürst Christian Fürst   Post 3 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
HI, I fully agree that 230D is propably the best available DSLR availabe below the fully professional models. But you should also take into consideration the budget-price range of wither Canon and Nikon (Digital SLR, I mean). hear I can recommend the Digital Rebel (300D in Europe) made by Canon. Okay, it doesn't have some of the features you will find in the 20D etc, however picture Quality up to 800 ISO is more or less identical to 10D at least. and with shortest shutter speed of 1/4000 and the added value of the 18-55 mm lens you can't go wrong at the price range of between 800 dollars and 999 Euros

Christian
Octávio Diaz-Bérrio Octávio Diaz-Bérrio Post 4 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Take a look to a small wonder:
Konica/Minolta Dimage A2
6 million pixels (like Nikon D70) with a zoom objective equivalent to 28-200 mm.
And a very good price: under 700 euros
Also a good choice!!! :-)
Thomas Duncan Thomas Duncan Post 5 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
I wuz looking at the Konica/Minolta Dimage A2 yesterday at Costco and it is listed as having 8megapixels all the features you could ever use... maybe... at about $850US or ~660Euro if you are buying in the US, @ the MegaStore on CDNET.com it goes for as low as 566US or under 440Euro,

the only downside I see is that unlike the true SLR, these will not exchange lens. But you do pay extra~

~t
Deleted user Deleted user Post 6 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Yes, I knew this would be a debate !

The A2 is not an SLR in the normal sense. However there are some very good high spec cameras below a full SLR and the A2 is probably a good one.

Practical Photography (UK) November 2004 list the following Top 5's :

DIGITAL CREATIVE COMPACTS
1. Olympus Camedia C-5060W
2. Fuji Finepix E550
3. Canon Powershot A95
4. Kodak Easyshare DX7630
5. Nikon Coolpix 5400

SLR-STYLE DIGITAL CAMERAS
1. Fuji Finepix S7000
2. Nikon Coolpix 8700
3. Canon Powershot Pro1
4. Olympus Camedia C-8080WZ
5. Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2

MID-RANGE DIGITAL SLR's
1. Canon EOS20D
2. Nikon D70
3. Canon EOS300D
4. Pentax *ist D
5. Fuji S2 Pro

That should fuel discussion

David
Ungku A Razak Ungku A Razak Post 7 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
hehe..hi christian...u mean 20D....not 230D!!!...hehe
Octávio Diaz-Bérrio Octávio Diaz-Bérrio Post 8 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
To see information about Dimage A2:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/K ... magea2.asp

or the best (for me...):
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/S ... a_sd10.asp

... because of his "Foveon" sensor!
To see what I mean take a look at:

http://www.foveon.com/X3_tech.html

Regards,
Octavio
Sjoerd van den berg Sjoerd van den berg Post 9 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Hi cameras .............good tools help but the workman guides them .....read octavio's comment and when u check out the site list first your needs in a camera.........in doing this i chose the sony 828 for night framing and sportshots with portraits a close third my other camera that my wife uses mostly is the cannon 300d and a range of lenses..:)) then u have fun fun fun
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the