Graphic tablets

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Hi,

I hope someone can give me some advice on graphic tablets. After years of frustration trying to edit photo's with a mouse, and i might add in my right hand and i am left handed! I have tried using the mouse in my left hand, but somehow after using my right hand for years neither seems to work like a pen!

I think it is time to think about getting something that i hope will resemble a pen and paper! I would rather spend the money out to get something that i will be happy with and not buy something that i will want to replace in next to no time.

I hear that Wacam are the best, but really would love to know anyone that uses them, or anything that maybe better.

Look forward to your help.

Thank you

Donna
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 2 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
I use a Wacom Graphire 3 A4 and it is really excellent. I started however with a Trust Tablet A4 which was much cheaper and does a great job too.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Thank you Robert,

Toying with the idea of getting a Wacom cintiq, alot of money i know, but really like the idea of LCD, will let you know!

If anyone has a cintiq, i would love to know how you are getting on with it.

Thank you

Donna
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 4 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Go for it Donna!
Maria Mylona Maria Mylona Post 5 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
I also have a wacom, not the LCD one but a normal A4 and i love it. So i would definitely recommend it.

Greetings,
Maria
Deleted user Deleted user Post 6 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Thank you Maria & Robert,

I have ordered a warcom cintiq 21ux, cost a fortune but im sure it will be worth it in the end :-)

Will let you know how i get on with it.

Donna
MWPhoto MWPhoto   Post 7 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Donna,
I think you have made a good decision - the WACOM tablet has been a joy for me as well. A word of caution: at first it will seem very awkward, and you may be tempted to give up in frustration. The operation is very different from a mouse or a touchpad. But don't worry. In a few days it will start to flow and you will begin to see the advantages.

Also remember: the tablet surface mimics the monitor screen, so you can always enlarge the image if you need to make very fine edits (one pixel editing is quit feasible, if you ever get that obsessive).
Giorgos Fidanas Giorgos Fidanas Post 8 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Didn't catch this earlier......:-(
Don't know about cintique, give me your impressions.
I would definattely recomend a tablet but IMHO not with a big surface. A6 is great i guess....you don't have to run your hand great distances to do the job.
Nevertheless...have patience at first as MarkWeaver says, and you'll never grab a mouse again(although this is really terrifiyng. I can't work if i don't have the pen in hand).
FotoMail me your experiences with cintique.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the