Canon to Corel PSP

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Carol Anderson Carol Anderson Post 1 of 2
0 x Thank You
link
I have just bought a Canon EOS 400D camera and used it today for the first time. I downloaded the pics in to the Canon software but when I tried to open it with Corel Paint Shop Photo X1 the computer kept churning away and then it would come up an error and close down. Also if I just moved one picture in to another file among other pictures, all the pictures would open in the phototray apart from the one transferred from the Canon software. Is there something I am not doing that is causing this? I would be grateful if anyone has any insight in to why this might be happening. If I edit the pics with the Canon Software and then "save as" and put them in another file it seems to be ok.

I will appreciate any help anyone can give.

Carol
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 2
0 x Thank You
link
Since I am the first responder in over 3 months either no one knows or no one has seen your post (this section in the forums is not looked at as much as say the Digital Photography section).

There could be any number of issues contributing to this and all of them are most likely to do with your computer set up. I have the Canon software and Corel Photo XI as well and mine open up everything, both JPG and CR2 (Raw).

Best advice I can give is to uninstall both pieces of software and then reinstall them making sure you also update both sets to the latest patches and versions based on your operating system (if it's a PC be wary of Windows XP vs Vista versions).

For Canon you can go here to get the latest:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/contr ... rtIndexAct

For Corel Photo XI use the "Help" "Check for updates" feature (buy the way mine is 11.20)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the