Borders and Frames

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Eiko Fried Eiko Fried Post 1 of 2
0 x Thank You
link
Hello,

I read a few "guides" to bordering the last days and tried to put borders and frames around a few pictures (all uploaded ones basically).

1) I have problems with the thickness of pixels to use for a very thin line - especially when making the picture smaller afterwards for uploading purposes. I tried using 3px-7px, but none of them worked really well for me.
There is surely no antialiasing or any other effect used, but some pictures with thin lines look as the borders were anti aliased. What could be the cause of that? And how can I avoid it? (I make the borders with stroke or canvas size) I do not resharpen or anything which could cause blur effects.
Unfortunately, I do not have any uploads left to show you the problem I am talking about ...
http://www.fotocommunity.com/pc/pc/mypi ... ay/9507923

I used 11px here. Well, quite thick, but still to me it looks like a bit of antialiasing.

2) I have no idea really which border to put on which picture (but, well, I guess that's a common problem *g*). I looked through a lot of pictures on FT.com the last 2 years, and still ... after bordering an image I am never sure whether this is the "best" way to do it or not, I always have doubts. If you have any ideas, comments, guides - whatever - that could help me, feel free to post it.

ta-ta
E.

Post Edited (19:58h)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 2
0 x Thank You
link
make the frame AFTER resizing and finishing the picture.

a simple rule for border:
It should contains a color (or two or more) that is (are) also in your picture.

or

A color that separate the picture from the background of the web site. ONLY when the borders of your picture is too similar to the background (FC: #222222).

or the size of the border should brings something that enhance the picture.

BR
Fernando
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the