starting up a business can anyone help please

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
lisaobrien lisaobrien Post 1 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Hi I have started up my own mobile photography business where i go to their houses and take family portraits and babies and little kids with different props etc but i am stuggling on getting myself out there, any advice please thanks

Post Edited (6:39)
Solace Angel Solace Angel Post 2 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
I think you should create a portfolio with 10-20 of your best images to show to clients. These photos should be changed every now and then with more recent ones. Also do business cards that has pictures on it that u have taken. Also you can send out email to your friends and family and let them send them out to other people. And in the email u can do a brochure with picture you have taken and do a little write up on it and save it in pdf format to send out.

Hope that helps in some way. If i think of anything else I will let u know.
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 3 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
The trick is going to be getting your name out their so that people are aware of your service. From my experience newspaper ads with coupons have never worked very well, less than a 1% response. Direct mail coupons work a little better about a 2-3% response if you have the money for that type of advertising. Guerilla marketing techniques will work best when you don’t have a big budget but plenty of time to promote yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/Guerrilla-Marketi ... 0395906253

Maybe working out an agreement with daycare centers to come in and photograph the kids individually and giving the parents one photo of their child with a business card or coupon would spark some response. Even if you had to do the daycare center shoot for free the follow-up orders would make up for it. Once the parents start talking to other parents they associate with the word of mouth referrals will kick in and thing should take off from there.

Hope this gives you a few ideas, Good luck with the business.

Post Edited (15:59)
joe woodley joe woodley Post 4 of 9
1 x Thank You
link
Get yourself a website built so that people can easily access your work.

You should come up with a 'brand', create a logo that is easily identifiable with your photographic services.

Then market this 'brand', have vehicle stickers of your logo made to place on the back of your car, get yourself in the local newspaper (doing something charitable is a good way of getting free newspaper publicity)

Marketing and making people aware that you exist are key to gaining customers.

Oh and make sure that your customers always use you for there photo needs, repeat business is key to growth!

:)

Post Edited (17:21)
John Sampson John Sampson Post 5 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Joe is right. In the marketing sector branding is important.
You are your own brand, make it recognizable, known, and desirable. If you go into business without any kind of business experience or knowledge you have to knock on the door of experience. You need to be visible. If you live in a large community you might want to print some fliers and put them on cars in the parking lots, parking garages etc.
The bottom line is that people need to get to know that you're around, what you do, and you need to be in touch.
And then, of course, you need to be really good at what you're offering. If the competition is better than you, what chance do you think you have?
ernestlsmith ernestlsmith Post 6 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Try telemarketing Call daycares,retirement communities etc and ask them are they having a party. you can do a photo booth if you have a printer.Make sure you give cards to everybody at the party.Use some of the money to advertise on google.Tell your friends,family,facebook,myspace etc you do portraits or what ever you offer.Get out the house knock on doors.Network as much as you can with other vendors that may can get you booked, you got to talk to people. learn about web optimazation for your website. Administratively edited on 30.08.18, 10:48.
Surinder Singh Surinder Singh Post 7 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Create your own website and market your self as already advised.
Kayode Ajayi Kayode Ajayi Post 8 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Make a research on the photography you want to end up doing . Buy gears one at a time
xxx xxx Post 9 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
I think mobile photography is a great alternative to a studio photography. It can reduce operating costs and studio rent’s cost.
 But before going with this business consider the things first that I have given below:

1. Research your target audience
2. Invest in high-quality, professional cameras and lenses
3. Use an SUV type of transportation or an automobile with a very large trunk
4. Select a custom, professional photo lab to process your film and prints
5. Create and maintain a website that features your photographic portfolio
6. Promote your mobile photography business by networking
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the