Snow scenes

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Tom Gregory Tom Gregory Post 1 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Hi all,
I am fortunate enough to be going on a snowboarding holiday this coming Saturday. Obviously looking forward to it on boarding basis but also for photography reasons. Any hints and tips for me to have a successful trip?? I want to try varying subjects - Landscapes, still life and also sports.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks all and i hope to have some piccies to put on the site when I return.
Tom
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 2 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Good question, especially when thinking over which camera to take with - a compact one that is convinient to hold in the jacket pocket, or a good one to take qualitative pictures, but which is heavy. What about a tripode then?
Jordan Shepler Jordan Shepler Post 3 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
If you did'nt know, such basics like a UV haze filter (blue looking snow because of the sky) and a Circular Polariser are allmost a must...
I'm sure your not using a 100% manual camera, so be warned that batteries dont often work well in the cold. Though they may seem dead, once back at room temp, they'll be fine.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
watch out for condensation - avoid taking equipment from cold to warm areas whilst uncovered ... can cause immediate and long term damage ...
Tony AKa fototaker Tony AKa fototaker   Post 5 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
dam, sorry i'm so late in replying, but while in snowy southern Germany and previously in snowy Sweden, i got a lot of snow pixs. would love to see the results of your work...

snowboarding huh?? hope you didnt try to shoot whiLe snowboarding, and had a plastic housing for your camera to protect it against bumps/drops.
Jan Knight Jan Knight Post 6 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Overexpose by 1,5 to 2 stops, otherwise the snow will turn out greyish ...

Too late too, perhaps for your next skiing trip
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the