Projects Please

<12>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 16 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Actually yes Veronique, this particular thread has lived its life already 8-)) the general and members forums are usually the busiest !
Kenny Jazz Kenny Jazz Post 17 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Thinking about pause in competitions i start to find about theme where I can wrote about new themes and I decided to wrote something. It comes in same time with a text whic i found here :
http://www.fotocommunity.com/forum/read ... =306&t=306
So I simply proposed what i think about old photos on neighbour theme. Dont want to spaming and repeating text - so if you people interested in my minds read that link above.
Thanks !
Ludwig Geerman Ludwig Geerman Post 18 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Just for the record: Picture a song as I remember has been a contest subject before. I'm guessing around 23.09.2005.
When When Post 19 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
I read your link Kenny. The problem with doing a contest of old photos, copyright/ownership comes in to play.

http://www.usgennet.org/usa/mi/county/l ... oish1.html
Oliver Suhr Oliver Suhr Post 20 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
I like the idea of a comparison of old and new pictures.
To protect the problem of copyright: What do you think about a limit "only own pictures"? Maybe everybody can make is own definition of "old" (...for somebody in the early 20s five years is old, for others 30...) This could not only show differnt times but different points of view or ways to make photos, too.
greetings, Oliver
Kenny Jazz Kenny Jazz Post 21 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
I dont know why many people in western countries creating so many problems from nothing :))))
When I talked about old photos i mean something like on one good russian site. It`s still competition there. And author suggest the competition - Photos from USSR. You can find it here. http://photo-element.ru/competition/competition.html The contest there like this most of us have old pictures at home archives. Fotos which show another world another realitity and completely different times. Nobody care about that rights because most of the people who made them are not known or not even live. So why not just to remind the times when our parents were so young. I ve send there few pictures and owner of site chose the best pictures and show them to all who have interest.
I guess its clearly simple things which were talked.
You can show pictures which have been made by your parents or which are in family archive - and I think nobody will be think about rights. Because these pictrures shoul be not much tahn 100kb. This size are not commercial !

Example two pictures from me are here - just found it now :)
http://photo-element.ru/competition/retro/sixth/

Post Edited (22:21h)
Oliver Suhr Oliver Suhr Post 22 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Kenny,

Germans love to take the long winded way ;-)

The photos on the site you have posted are looking very interesting, but I have serious problems to read the text.... and that is a pity. (and I fear I share this problem with some other people here)

greetings, Oliver
When When Post 23 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Kenny,

It's not really a Westerner problem, copyright law is just copyright law. Basically the maker of the photo - dead or alive (or estate) holds the rights to an image for 70 years AFTER the death of the photographer. I hold the estate rights to a lot of historical pictures that were actually taken with cameras that were handed down to me. Like the one at the link I showed, a notation is made that it is presented with permission of the owner. This is common to pretty much all websites. Even if the pictures are from a family album many sites will not allow pictures that the photographer has not taken themselves to be presented.

What is the stance on old photos FC ADMIN??
Kenny Jazz Kenny Jazz Post 24 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Oliver,

I respect the German people even more than all Soviet people in many ways not only conversation. But, thing which i would like to share here with most of the photografers proubably was not said in full way. So i`m sorry.
Russian language on that site where i gave link explains many things if you ran read ( unfortunately its a language mainly for CIS countries - old USSR). Author of that site under every picture which where received and choosed for demonstration explain:
- who is the person send the picture
- what is the name of the person who is author photography ( or person who phisically made the pic)
- what is a name of photo and where (and when) this pic has been done.

To Wen P
dear friend
I`m tired do discuss about so many formalities about photography. I don`t understand exact point about so long speaking concerning old pictures from family albums. It`s even more than a funny for me.:) Looks like we organize world wide picture web gallery as a lawyers not like amateurs from photo.
Hope you now it better - but for my wishings looks like end comes so quickly and i have to go work not to discuss.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 25 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Maybe i can shine some light ? a bit late though.
I think the publishing of old pictures like family pictures would not so much present a problem as long as we can be shure that no copyright issues can arise.
Problem however is that we can never be shure. We go along, then someone comes by and tosses in an old picture which then turns out to be belonging to someone else and there we have a ball again. Just life in the modern world 8-((
Kenny Jazz Kenny Jazz Post 26 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
If anybody wants me to say something about competiton and rules i will give conception. But talks about rights on the picture which was done in 1920 year with unknown person makes me laughing. All people on the pic with my grandfather are not alive. So what we are looking for if this idea only project in which we want to shere our world of forgotten people their dresses and things surround them ?
Does anybody can tell me ? :) I live in Baku I old pictures in our families is a piece of proud and I would like to just share it with a many people. This is not against of some rules innovated by businessmans from art of photography.
We are free here - not like prisoners in Soviets society.
Graeme Reddish Graeme Reddish Post 27 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
How about, someone starts with a word, "SHOP" and photos are taken with that word in mind for a contest. Then who wins that, must change one letter in "SHOP" to create the next word to be the subject.

So, SHOP could become SHIP. then HIP, then HIT or HOT etc.
When When Post 28 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Sorry Kenny if it annoys you to discuss legal photography issues. I'm not the one that made the laws. They are there to protect the intellectual property rights of people that make a living in the arts and sciences.
Kenny Jazz Kenny Jazz Post 29 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
i already forgot about this topic...))
I think will be better if I quit this discussion because i`m not live in Europe.. Here in my country no laws even in human rights... So what we can expect from photography ?
When When Post 30 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Well sorry you feel you have no human rights in your country. At least you can view the FC pages, some countries don't allow that.

If you publish photos that are copyrighted you can expect trouble, that is what I expect from photography. It is because of attitudes such as yours why copyright laws exist. In my country you can pay dearly for ignoring them.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the