Photoshop & computer investment

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Eillen Claire Eillen Claire Post 1 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
I am a complete beginner - and I would like to invest Photoshop Elements 9 or maybe CS5.
Is there anybody who would like to give an advice?
And - is a MAC a good investment if I want to buy at new computer?
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Eillen,

A MAC is for shure allways a good investment.

If you consider Photoshop, as a beginner i would advise to go for Elements.

CS5 is ofcourse very nice, but very expensive and with many functions which for a starting photographer often not needed.
Hermann Klecker Hermann Klecker   Post 3 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
iMac if any.

A Mac with a monitor suitable for photoshop would do. The monitors of modern iMacs are ok and large.

If you start from scratch anyway, then consider a simple desktop pc with Linux on it and use of Gimp. Equip you PC with an excellent monitor and high performing graphic card (typically on board these days so have an eye on it when bying the hardware.

If you consider bying various tools (for HDR, or CS5 or so) later or using the stuff that came with your camera, then Linux is not the best choice. Those software is typically provided for Windows and OSX (Mac).
sanya s. sanya s. Post 4 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
mac works best also the air helps me all around the world mac book air is my fav
ernestlsmith ernestlsmith Post 5 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Photoshop is great i use it all the time.i suggest you go on youtube and learn as much as you can. If you just want to try it they do have a 30 day trial.
www.just4uweddingservices.com
Deleted user Deleted user Post 6 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
I guess someone's gotta be out of tune -)
I wouldn't go for the MAC, you'll just pay for the name, you can get as a good material for a lower price.
photoshop is probably considered the best tool, and it is pretty good but the price comes with it.
I have another program which costed only a fraction of photoshop and does the same job just as well.
also keep in mind that such a graphical editor is but a tool and no solution. The problem with graphical editors is that the effects they make are artificial and can not match handmade effects.
So you need a graphical editor which can work in layers (very important), with very good selecting tools, and adjustable balances for colour and light saturation. But photoshop has a lot of useless features which look very cheap. I'll give you one example:
you can make a photograph look older by adding scratches etc. but the effect looks artificial.
but if you instead work with 2 layers, the main photograph on the bottom, and a specially made second photograph of something like an old wall, old piece of paper or cardboard and put that one on top + make it transparant for around 90%, the effect you'll get is authentic and can not be matched by even the most expensive editor.
creativity has always have to come from the person, the software by itself can not do the job -)
carloartemi carloartemi   Post 7 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Very very interesting conisderation . But what is this program ?
Deleted user Deleted user Post 8 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
the program I use and the official version (!) only costed me about 50 euro is called "Photo- & Image editor 2.0" from "Easy Computing", it has all required features for advanced editing and works without any problem.
carloartemi carloartemi   Post 9 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Thank you very much
EdgarTorres EdgarTorres Post 10 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
hi, please to meet you, personally I perfer cs5 more, much easier to operate, I simply begin to learn how to PS with some PS watermark tutorial:
http://www.watermark-software.com/water ... oshop.html

Hope you achieve your PS painting.
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 11 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
As you are just in starting phase then I would advice to start with Photoshop CS5, to me its much easier to learn! Dont stop learning and dont stop applying the new tricks whatever you learn from online resources.
gregpoulsennn gregpoulsennn Post 12 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
One of the most common upgrade questions you’re to see is what’s new, what’s different, what’s improved, what’s changed between the new Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and version 8? Or more fundamentally, what are the key new features in PSE 9, versus PSE 8, 7, or even version 6? We put together a short list here and a longer list (with details) at our product page here, but how about a feature-by-feature, version-by-version table? You’ll find this down below, but first let’s take a look at some of the biggest new additions. Also I advice you to check in more details cross processing. I guess this info can help you.
http://fixthephoto.com/cross-processing ... tions-free
hgphpotography hgphpotography   Post 13 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
The Mc Book Pro, whit Photos that come whit it works for me. Learn it first !!
hgphpotography hgphpotography   Post 14 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Eillen Claire 21.11.10, 20:38To the cited postI am a complete beginner - and I would like to invest in Photoshop Elements 9 or maybe CS5.
Is there anybody who would like to give some advice?
And - is a MAC a good investment if I want to buy a new computer?

The Mc Book Pro, whit Photos that come whit it works for me. Learn it first !!
Deleted user Deleted user Post 15 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Photoshop is good but IIPVAPI is the ultimate solution for photo editing. With advanced features and an intuitive interface, iipvapi empowers users to effortlessly enhance their images. From basic adjustments to intricate tasks, unleash your creativity and achieve stunning results in no time. Try iipvapi today and transform your photos like never before.
Try now- https://iipvapi.com/photo-enhancement
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the