manual camera settings

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
RDRNRSAZ RDRNRSAZ Post 1 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
I am learning more on using full manual settings on my fz50 .I am trying to do more action shots, rodeo, horses etc, and night shots, moon auroras etc. Is there any kind of cheat sheet so i can experiment or examples any one can suggest.I am leaving for Alaska and need help. I use a heavy tripod and my results are ok I just need to fine tune my shots. i will post my results Many thanks RoadRunner
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Hello,

For action shots in full manual start with a high shutter speed to catch the action, and once you are happy with that try using progressively slower shutter speeds and see the different effects these give. Just take plenty of memory cards with you and keep experimenting, but also make notes on the results you obtain for future reference - it's easier than hunting through the EXIF information for all your photographs.

Have fun!

Kindest regards,
John.

Post Edited (2:57h)
John Sampson John Sampson Post 3 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
The information that comes with rolls of film for certain speed ratings is very useful. If you go to the Kodak site on the net and select a film and look at the ASA ratings, check out the recommended setting for speeds starting at a 500th of a second together with the f-stops. From that information you can extrapolate some pretty decent and reliable data to work with in digital.
perdosign perdosign Post 4 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
I want to find articles about photography, but do not know what to look for where. Is there anyone who can give me some advice about building a portfolio and the plan of my articles?
http://perdosign.wordpress.com/
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the