How to take a sports pics

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Gelak Amdo Gelak Amdo Post 1 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Guys,
I need your help for this one day soccer match coming soon, butI own a old Canon eos 50 film camera, suppose to work both manual and auto but since it is my first time taking any sports event pictures, Should I stay every thing on auto besides zoom or I need your suggest.
And what kind of film shoud I use?
The whether doesn't seem to look good (cloudy). What should I do?
I would appreciate any of you guys response ASAP.
Thanks
Amdo
Martin Unger Martin Unger Post 2 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Amdo!
Though I'm not very familiar with sports photography, I think you should use a "fast" film, at least ASA400. I prefered Kodak, but that's up to your choice. As you probably have to use a tele-lens you should also think about a tripod, or a monopod. I sometimes use a small "ultrapod" which is a real jewel, it's a light and versatile mini-tripod, you can also have it resting on your chest reducing at least a little bit of trembling ( I actually bought mine many years ago in NYC).
But anyway, you are going to see the game through your camera, and make sure that you have enough films with you (36exp, otherwise you will have to change too often), and you should be aware that you will have to shot many pictures for getting 1 or 2 acceptable pictures!
Good luck, I hope we'll see your results soon!
Greetings, Martin
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 3 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Best thing to do is use a medium to high sensitive film, 200 - 400 asa/iso to enable short shutter speeds.
Tony AKa fototaker Tony AKa fototaker   Post 4 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
also make sure you PAN with your subjects running; panning is moving the camera with your subject as you make the foto. the advice about a fast film (ASA400) is good as you'll need it to stop the movement....

good luck and show us your results!!!
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the