How do you have certain parts of the photo in colour and som

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Michelle Burrows Michelle Burrows Post 1 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Our Wedding photographer did some of these for us in our wedding album; there was one of me looking at the photographer and it was in black and white but in the mirror in the photograph i was in colour and one were my flower girls and page boy were in colour and the background was black and white. It was such a lovely touch and I would love to know how he done it!
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 2 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
See adding color thread below from 13/1/10.

http://www.fotocommunity.com/forum//rea ... =837&t=837

Post Edited (11:17)
Marco Jimenez Marco Jimenez Post 3 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
i was just about to type this out too...
saw a picture of a plant with everything black and white, stems, leaves except the actual flower that had color, not sure if the thread above goes into that, so thanks if it does.

-Mr. Jimenez
Colin S B Colin S B   Post 4 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
In Photoshop select the area you want to keep coloured with the lasso tool. Go the select menu and select inverse. Then convert to black and white and it will leave the previously selected area in colour.

Hope that helps,

Colin.
Marco Jimenez Marco Jimenez Post 5 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
just tried what you said and it worked out well, but not fantastic.... is there any trick to have it auto select the borders or something? thinking back on the photo that i saw, it would take a while and precision to have it manually outline the borders of a flowers.
sanya s. sanya s. Post 6 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
photoshop is very good for that
Deleted user Deleted user Post 7 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
most graphical software do such, it's quiet easy.
but mixing black and white and colour photography within one photograph often doesn't work so well.
the contrast of the colours compared to the gray can, give a very artificial effect.
I would advice you to rather than converse a part of a clour photo into black and white, limitize the saturation
of the coloured part you wish to change to f.i. 20 or 30 %. The better software, but can be less expensive ones too, also includes such feature. It comes close to black and white but without the artificial conflict. I have one photograph uploaded here "End of the street" which could be seen as an example, though the effect is minimized.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 8 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Marco Jimenez 24.03.11, 21:10To the cited postjust tried what you said and it worked out well, but not fantastic.... is there any trick to have it auto select the borders or something? thinking back on the photo that i saw, it would take a while and precision to have it manually outline the borders of a flowers. Good graphical processing is not a matter of a few mouseclicks... -)
just manually selecting the subject or area is not even sufficiant for best effect, the borders themselves are best to be manually adjusted as well (slightly fading may give a much better effect)... and so on.
My advise would be : take your time, a good effect on one photograph is easily a whole evenings work.
Babak J Babak J Post 9 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Here is a quick guide:

In photoshop, duplicate the layer of the picture you want to transform. Then select enhance and make your duplicated layer lose its colour (make it Black and white).

Now simply use the rubber tool to delete parts of the picture you want in colour or black and white Depending on witch layer is on top
Hope this helped.

This is an example using this method:

Blue Eye Blue Eye Babak J 03.04.13 7
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the