Evaluation- what's a perfect photograph?

<123>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 31 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
ok i foolishly got involved in this conversation by mentioning some of the rules ... but in reality I know full well that perfection is objective and objectivity is different in everyone - hence obviously there CANNOT be a perfect photo ... the rules do apply though on a general basis ie .. a photo that follows the rule of thirds, composition etc etc will more likely attract positive praise from more people than one that doesnt follow these rules (or guides as I prefer to call them) ... these guides were developed and agreed upon over 100's of years by artists realising what looks visually more aesthetic ... therefore in an organic way the rules have grown and developed naturally over the centuries ... to say these rules are not important is as foolish as saying evolution is stupid and pointless ... so that's what I think - the rules of photography are important and there is NO perfect photo ... bum bum !!
Virgil Mlesnita Virgil Mlesnita Post 32 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Paul,
Don't get me wrong, I was not mocking the rules you mentioned.
I agree that they are useful. I also use them too. They help us when judging, they are criteria.
I was only trying to meditate upon this 'perfection' from some kind of pholosophical point of view.
If we could seriously claim about a photo as being perfect we could also give a recipe of the perfect photo.
Then everybody respecting the 'ingredients' could achieve a perfect photo.
Or we all know that this is not posssible.
History of art had to deal periodically with different points of view about what can be called art. i.e. the art as truth, good etc.
There has been a continous fight between people saying 'this and only this is art' and people saying 'this too is art'.
The rule of thirds is ONE instrument that can help us to achieve a good photo. But, there are exceptions too, where not respecting this rule, can be an artistic choice.
Hope you did not mind my timid pondering...
Best wishes
Deleted user Deleted user Post 33 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
No not at all Virgil - all points of view are very very welcome ... it would be boring on here if we didnt see things from a different angle even if our views maybe very much the same at the end of the day. My point, when I said I wished I had not got involved, was that I had got into a thread asking 'what is a perfect photograph?' when I knew there was no answer :0) ... this thread could go on for years ... and why not ;0)

Oh and Virgil I actually found the comment before your last was a very lucid and eloquently put and made a lot of sense on a subject that can never really have an answer or conclusion other than it cannot be answered ... have a nice day Virgil and all those chasing the 'perfect' photograph ... p.s. I have the perfect photograph but i am not showing it because it may be too much for you all to take in ;0)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 34 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
The perfect photograph? I have it.

..I just haven't taken it yet...

Rob. :)
Virgil Mlesnita Virgil Mlesnita Post 35 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
I have it too, Paul. Even two of them. There is a special place here where they run around and, if you wake up very early in the morning, with very, very expensive gear, you could get lucky and catch the Perfect One. But I was told that It doesn't show to foreigners! ;-)
Art Dibujar Art Dibujar Post 36 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
The fact that we seek to know "perfection", whether it be in the medium of creative photography, music, fine arts says something about the nature of humans to aspire to perfection in their works of creation. I think that nature itself can teach us some of the basics of creative perfection, such as: order, harmony, balance, symmetry. A perfect landscape or portrait certainly has these characteristics. And of course there are an infinite number of ways for creative expression of both the beautiful and the ugly. Our works usually fall somewhere in the middle, unless we have attained perfection!
Saleh Alustad Saleh Alustad Post 37 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
Prefect is .....There
when you compare 2 photos or more and judge them not as a book by the cover neither as a look by the lover
but you set in your consideration 2 Maine balance
1- artistic ( as a subject - composition of the subject - angle of view - light balance - eye rest area - and so on
2- scientific wise such a control of aperture - shutter speed - correct lens use on one hand and dark room deal is other part such as developing and processing of film and dealing with enlarging as well control of developers concentration and worm
after all what we talk about is ends to come up with prefect Photo
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the