Camera modifications

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Hi everybody!
I need a camera with highly eccentric properties.
(Please, don't tell me to get any kind of Holga! :P)
I would like to hear your ideas and experiences about making modifications to cameras to produce interesting effects. Anything is welcome, the crazier the better. I'm mostly interested in compact film cameras.
Thnx
Hermann Klecker Hermann Klecker   Post 2 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Modify your digi for infrared.

Der Kanalmixer bei digitalem Infrarot Der Kanalmixer be… Hermann Klecker 07.12.08 11

Convert your compact cam into a pinhole.
For that, it should have TTL metering or at least manual operation.

You may want to use more than one hole.

Mount caleidoscope style lenses/filters.

Or get a Holga ;-)

I'll come back, if there comes more into my mind.

Rgds
Hermann
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 3 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
My advice would be to learn how to take a good picture first! It usually works!
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
@ Herman:
Thanks, what do you mean by mounting caleidoscope lenses?
The problem is that I need something that is reliable AND outrageous. And i need it fast, I only have time for one turnaround at the lab...
The camera is to be used for a mini-project where it will circulate by mail among roughly 10 - 15 photographers to explore the outcome of imposing equal restraints on a diversified selection of individuals and approaches to photography. The results must be somewhat predictable, since each photographer will have a maximum of two shots.
Do check out our blog:
http://ettkomma8.blogspot.com/

I think a pin-hole might be too erratic, but I do have a battered old Mamiya SLR that I aquired for something like 2€. Not sure if the meter is working, or what precision i could expect if i put a pin-hole on it. My experiences of pin-hole pothography is limited to photo paper and various coffee jars, and that is clearly not a suitable method for this project...

@ Robert:
That's not very helpful.
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 5 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
You are asking for advice that cannot be given. This is your project so get on with it! You cannot expect people here to pander to your demands, unless you have been here for a while and CONTRIBUTED SOMETHING! You have Not!
Hermann Klecker Hermann Klecker   Post 6 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Jon,

sorry if I used some wrong expression.
I meant to refer to prism effect fiters like this one
http://www.fotofenster.de/filterlexikon ... er-Optisch
(Site in German)
John Sampson John Sampson Post 7 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Jon, Robert speaks from experience, and Herman is passing on advice from his own photographic background. Listen to both of them. But it does help to take a good picture with an ordinary camera before you try to reach for the stars.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the