Bat photography with autofocus-trap

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Safak Celik Safak Celik Post 1 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Hi everyone,
I hope everyone's doing fine in here (and elsewhere of course).
It's a beautiful weather and the bats don't seem to be overseeing this . They are flying everywhere and very close to my balcony in the third floor. I want to take some pictures and I'm not an idiot to chase them actively with my camera. I have the basic equipment to try it with AF-Trap. I have an F5, SB-28 flash and an MF-28 multi-function-back. This should work in general, but there is surely more I need in hardware and adjustments. What lens (would an AF-S 80-200mm do the job)would you suggest and what adjustments could help in shooting good in-flight-bat-pics? Does the af-trap react fast enough to freeze a fast flying bat in the middle of the frame?
I'm surely not the only one out there that has the wish to take such pictures and some others must have made some experiences in such.
I'd appreciate any kind of help and hints.
Thanx in advance.
Adios, Safak Celik
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Safak, as you see apparently no-one here's able to help you. This kind of photography is highly specialized mostly due to the fact that flying bats are moving so incredibly fast.

I would try a medium telelens, and the flash which you have, and try to fin the right way by trial and error.
Good luck, looking forward to see some results when you get any !! 8-)
Joe Joseph Joe Joseph Post 3 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Be aware that flash can scare the bats off.....permanently.
Or so i've been led to believe.
Joe.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the