adding color

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Im new to photoshop and am having some trouble. Can someone tell how to add color to one part of a subject in a black and white photo? For example, if i took a black and white photo of a little girl holding a rose how do i get the rose red?
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 2 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
I am not really that schooled in PS but with a quick google search this is a link I found.
http://digital-photography-school.com/m ... 2-tutorial

Hopefully someone with more experience will respond with a different method.
LinoDesign LinoDesign Post 3 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
It's possible, but I'd do it the other way around: mask the red rose in one layer and put a b/w version underneath it. Shoot the photo in colors.
John Maslen John Maslen Post 4 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Adding colour to an area of a monochrome image.
Always shoot in colour, and then you can create monochrome images by a variety of methods in Photoshop depending on what version you have.
CREATE A BACKGOUND LAYER COPY,
The easiest is to de-saturate a copy of your background layer.
If you have a version with the black and white adjustment layer in it you can use that and pick the setting that simulates a colour filter you might use for b & w photography, then merge that layer with your background layer copy.
You can also use the Hue and Saturation adjustment layer to create a monochrome layer in the same way.
I’d adjust the contrast and brightness of the monochrome layer with curves next.
Once you have a satisfactory monochrome layer, mask the area you want the original colour to show and it will appear in the monochrome image from the original background layer.
If you want to add an artificial colour to part of the monochrome layer, select the area you want colour in and make a gradient map layer set on colour blend, then pick the appropriate colour for your image. Don’t be scared to experiment with the gradient map layer, I’ve come across fantastic results I would never have thought of by accident.

Post Edited (5:27)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the