All creative aspects of photography (digital and analog).
Discussion Last answer Replies / Clicks
Brigitte Daechert

how to create photocollage?

var
18.06.05, 12:14
var
674 clicks
Deleted user

logging favourite shoot locations

I've had an idea buzzing around my head for a while and maybe something of interest to other landscape, architectural or simply, outdoor photographers.

As I'm getting more structured in my panorama photography, I'm constantly on the lookout for new and interesting locations to shoot. I'm sure many other people are too. Everyone has their favourite location, maybe a local place, or a place they visited on holiday.

How about trying to share locations? I see this as a sort of database of places of interest, places that are particularly photogenic.
Places could be given simply as names and locations, map references or global positions, for those with GPS technology to hand.

Research is the key to any good location shoot, and this might be a way of helping each other with some of the dirty work. Particularly handy if someone is planning a trip or tour with photography in mind. The whole idea could go as far as people want to take it, e.g orientation of buildings relative to sun, good times of the year to shoot, things to avoid, etc.

Of course, we're a global community over here on the .com. So it'll be tricky popping to a derelict Californian gold mine, the London Eye and the Millau bridge all in one day. However, the whole idea of logging a location could be worthwhile for our own use, as well as the roving FC photographer.

What do you think?

Regards.
Rob.

Post Edited (22:40h)
741 clicks
To the