what is analog photography

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Raymond Mckay Raymond Mckay Post 1 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
um im generally new to photography and i was just wandering if somebody could inform me on the different types
i.e analog creative digiart

what are they ? whats the diference
Martin Unger Martin Unger Post 2 of 15
1 x Thank You
link
Hi, Raymond!
Well, "analog" photography we use for the "traditional" type of photographing, that means with a film, either slide or negative. Analog in this context means "non digital", but actually I think it's not a correct expression.
"Creative" photography I would describe as the artistic way in photography. No difference here whether you use digital or -hmmm- "analog" cameras, it's your creativity which counts here, not the technique you are using.
"Digiart" we can describe as creating pictures with digital imaging, that means mainly on your pc. Also there is a wide range from "normal" pictures which are treated with some filters, falsifying of pictures and completely digital created pictures.
Many of those expressions can, as far as I see it, be interpreted different, other colleagues might give you other explanations...
In fact, it's very interesting to see which other definitions we might hear...
Greetings, Martin
Raymond Mckay Raymond Mckay Post 3 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
thanks for the help martin you cleared things up for me
Hermann Klecker Hermann Klecker   Post 4 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
The next question that comes to my mind is, why is the so called analog photography separated from creative photography?

Might the FC be of the opinion that the traditional way of taking pictures is not creative at all?

;-)
Martin Unger Martin Unger Post 5 of 15
1 x Thank You
link
@Hermann: No, I don't think so. For me it make sense to have a forum both for analog and digital photography, as well as creative photography.
While in my opinion creative photography is setting the picture, its composition and so on in the centre, both important for analog and digital, there are several "technical" points which really are different for both techniques. As an example, someone working with digital photography might see a discussion about chemicals and theirs temperature a little bit boring, as well as an analog photographer might not be very interested in the question of which file-storage medium might be the best...
But surely there are many topics to discuss together, and here the forum "creative photography" is the meeting point.
Or do you think digital photography is not creative at all?
Ingo Petzny Ingo Petzny Post 6 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
As Martin....very good description !
John Sampson John Sampson Post 7 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
To define things one has to be specific. Analogue does mean using film and cameras intended for film use, as opposed to the digital products. The cross-over comes when you start copying your images produced in analogue onto CD or memory sticks and work with them as you would with your digital iamges.
but the origin of analogue is film. That should be your point of departure. The creative bits come after you know the difference.
charles john rauch charles john rauch Post 8 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
ill get back 2 u about the differences,cheers mate,c
xxx xxx Post 9 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
The term Analogue photography refers to photography using a camera and film. With each click of the camera, light interacts with the chemicals in the film

--------------------------

Aikenmn Jessica

search engine marketing
xxx xxx Post 10 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Analog photography is no longer the main way of taking pictures in our increasingly-digital world; but with film scanners made by the likes of ...

------------
Nathaniel Zane
unlock iphone 3gs
xxx xxx Post 11 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Analog photography is no longer the main way of taking pictures in our increasingly-digital world; but with film scanners made by the likes of ... Let us recall first of all that a traditional analogue photograph consisted mainly of the impression created by the exposure of a photosensitive ...

------------
Steve Alten
http://www.paypersocials.net
xxx xxx Post 12 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Analog photography is no longer the main way of taking pictures in our increasingly-digital world; but with film scanners made by the likes of ...

-----------
Alex Archer
http://autoprosusa.com
Carlo.Pollaci Carlo.Pollaci   Post 13 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
I think that the two worlds, digital and analog, can coexist.
Each of the two systems has specific: it is the photographer to decide, on different occasions, which one to use.
In general, digital is able to address all areas of the photograph.
The digital, from the point of view of only the technical quality, appears higher; the analog but it allows an approach to the subject more meditated, perhaps slower but often with greater accuracy.

greetings
Angela Morgan Angela Morgan Post 14 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
Raymond, i have found a great information for you to understand analog photography and other kinds of photography here you will find photographs of analog and digital photography....i hope this is good for you to understand.
http://www.shakkyastudio.com/
ankefyamj ankefyamj Post 15 of 15
0 x Thank You
link
To define things one has to be specific. Analogue does mean using film and cameras intended for film use, as opposed to the digital products. The cross-over comes when you start copying your images produced in analogue onto CD or memory sticks and work with them as you would with your digital iamges.
but the origin of analogue is film. That should be your point of departure. The creative bits come after you know the difference.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the