My father's Yashica Lynx 5000E

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Royalrat Royalrat Post 1 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
There’s a lot be said about Yashica cameras and a lot more about the Lynx series in particularly, but the thing that focused my whole attention while shooting, with no regards whatsoever to the camera qualities, is the fact that this camera belongs to my father. He claims to buy it in the early 70’ while he was doing his military service, and used it for at least 15 years before placing it at the back of the closet for his children future use. In those 15 years he went to university, married my mother and had me and my sister. One of my reasons for shooting with a used camera is for its romantic aurora – The things it saw, the memories that went through the lens. My father’s Rangefinder holds a lot of it for me, and I was thrilled to revive it.

For more photos:
http://royalrat.wordpress.com/2011/08/2 ... ynx-5000e/
Ingemar Karlbo Ingemar Karlbo Post 2 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Among my own cameras,there is an Yashica Electro 35 cc, that also belonged to my father. He took max 3 rolls of film with it, so it is in absolutely mint condition.
For me also, this Yashica is a great memory of my father. It was fun to read your thoughts about your Yashica,Royal.
approveme approveme Post 3 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
It belongs to the Yashica Lynx series of cameras which are fixed lens, leaf shutter cameras made in the 1960s. It has built-in CDS cell light meter, full manual settings and Yashinon 5 elements 45mm f/1.8 lens, Yashica Copal-SV shutter with all speeds 1-1/1000, self-timer, and metal body. The viewing is very clear. It has coupled viewfinder / parallax corrected rangefinder. There is a bright frame which moves when the focus ring turned. Light meter readout is in the viewfinder, an electronic metering system that displays over and under indicators in the viewfinder instead of the meter needle.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the