wedding photography

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
my daughter has asked me to take the photo's at her wedding next year.HELP
I HAVE A NIKON D40..WHAT LENS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND,I HAVE THE USUAL STUFF 18-55 18-105..
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 7
1 x Thank You
link
Looking at your message it seems you do not feel confident with the request.
Keep in mind that wedding photography is a trade in itself and certainly not easy.

If you do not feel at ease in doing this you'd better tell your daughter, a failed wedding shoot is something i would not want to be guilty off.

If you have enough time however you should try and get some experience by watching what others to.
The fact that you have an Slr does not make you a weddingphotographer, but on the other hand, if your daughter understands this and has no problem with it, just go ahead !

Have fun !
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Hi

2 advices if you or your daughter want quality photos:

Get a nikon system flashlight and learn to use it in different situations. In sunlight I made good experience shooting directly against the sun (no direct sunlight in the faces) with the flash dealing with the shadows...

Have a trial shot (2 half days at least) with your daughter and her mate. At different sites. Discuss the result with them.
Theo05 Theo05 Post 4 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
see next message

Post Edited (13:49)
Theo05 Theo05 Post 5 of 7
1 x Thank You
link
I've been a professional wedding photographer for 13 years now and shot too many of them already.

A D40 is okay, but please buy/borrow a second camera for backup. Make sure you have a external flashgun because you can't do a wedding without it. I know some folks think they can get away with images shot at 12800 ISO, but that's simply not true and your camera doesn't offer such high iso's anyway (lucky you).

Shooting a wedding is very hard work and you won't be able to be a guest if you are the photographer!

I can't believe a daughter would ask her own mother to work for her on her big day! This should be a big day for you as a mother as well.

I'm aware that I'm not acquainted with your situation nor your daugther's but I'm very surprised to hear a mum being asked to shoot a wedding for her daughter, I really am.

If you can manage, get her a good photographer instead as a gift. That way you can be the proud mum on this special day.

Post Edited (13:49)
elenidona elenidona Post 6 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
This should be a big day for you as a mother as well.
Exactly this.
Filip Meulemeester Filip Meulemeester   Post 7 of 7
1 x Thank You
link
Hello,
You cannot be both: and the mother of the bride and photographer. Where will you stand? Behind the young couple or in front of them.
My advice: put your Nikon away.

If not, …..your Nikon and 18-55 will do, but light is the most important thing. As other people wrote already you will need a flash (or two) and some training. Finally, do not be to timid to ask a friend as back-up.
Good luck.
Filip
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the