Tamron vs Sigma lens

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
PRAVEENBN PRAVEENBN Post 1 of 5
1 x Thank You
link
Hi , want to buy 18 - 250 mm lens for my Canon D600 camara . At present have 2 lens 18 - 55 mm and 55 - 250 mm from Canon . Want to know between Tamron and Sigma which is a better lens. Does the quality of photo taken from this two lens differ. There is a huge difference in cost between T & S.

Can any one suggest which one to buy . I have just started photography and need advice on which lens to buy.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 5
1 x Thank You
link
For all i know Sigma does not make any 18-250mm lens.
Tamron makes an 18-275mm which is quite decent. However do not expect too much of such lenses especially in the over 200mm range.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Sigma has a 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3 Macro HSM with optical stabilizer. As far as I'm concerned a reasonable quality for a fair prize. I'm using it for about 6 months
Leon2611 Leon2611 Post 4 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
What lenses you can get also depends on your local market. Some lenses are sold for example in the US but cannot be bought in Europe.

But to reply to your question; my experience is that the lenses from Sigma are of a higher quality. Also many of the Tamron lenses come without the stabilizer function. Which is a thing you do want on a lens especially when you are starting to use the far range of the lens you are talking about.

But in the end it is always a matter of you get what you pay for. Combined with what are you willing to spend on your hobby.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the