Suggest a good camera

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Cockney Cockney Post 16 of 33
1 x Thank You
link
Some very interesting comments the answer above pretty much covered it all But it amazes me how its has become common practice these days for people to be constantly upgrading there cameras even changing brands at great expense in an effort to case great photos. When in fact the image is created two inches behind the camera. My advise to Photo friends is to upgrade there lens before upgrading there camera but be aware that good gear doues'nt always equal great photos pro camera take a lot of learning to use distracting from learning real photographic Skills
xxx xxx Post 17 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
This being a wonderful site, I am a little bit confused to choose the camera with a good flash. My exp shows, some of the latest cameras do not take good pictures

--------------
Harvey Tom
Administratively edited on 26.08.14, 08:55.
Jefzor Jefzor Post 18 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
Don't forget about the lenses! Make sure to keep some budget left to buy some extra lenses after a while.
Starting out with a kitlens is fine, as it gives you a chance to explore what type of photography you want to do.
But in the end it's a shame to buy a good camera and put mediocre glass on it.

As for camera's, there's plenty of good ones. If you want a canon, try to find a 550D, it's cheap and still as good as their newest entry DSLR's.
jimmyjjohn jimmyjjohn Post 19 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
Professional SLR cameras in Canada cost $4,000 to $9,000 dollars without accessories and only one lens. Good DSLR cameras cost around $2,000 to $3,000 with a decent set of lens. Basic DSLR cameras cost $800 to $1,600 in kit form - your best choice if you don't know what you are doing and money is no object.

Thanks
Administratively edited on 26.08.14, 08:55.
Chassyhobby Chassyhobby Post 20 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
Canon is the best brand and camera/......
Lottie Lee Lottie Lee Post 21 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
I am here to find the answer too. if the price is not important ,i think it is easier to find one.
neroo1 neroo1 Post 22 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
I recommend you the Canon EOS is about the great HD,and it's pretty impressive for video
neroo1 neroo1 Post 23 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
Couple of suggestions http://thedigitalcamera.net/canon-rebel ... ifference/
Mary21 Mary21 Post 24 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
Hey! A question about a good camera is very tricky. I think tht you shoul read some information first of all. I can suggest you one really good site where you can find useful tips for cameras. fixthephoto.com Good luck!!
Max Simson Max Simson Post 25 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
After you decide for what you need the camera you should check out those variants:
1. Nikon D3400
2. Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D
3. Nikon D5600
4. Nikon D3300
5. Canon EOS Rebel T6i / EOS 750D

Each of those variants has its advantages and disadvantages but you know there is no perfection. Also look up some reviews on YouTube to have some perspective and "see" camera before even doing to Bestbay.
ShaneHaumpton ShaneHaumpton Post 26 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
I see a lot of answers claiming "skill is better than your gear" for photography in general. Do not get this line of thinking stuck in your head because it's not entirely true. In fact, to be honest, this statement is used many times by people who simply can't afford good gear and are jealous at those who can. If you can't afford good gear right now, that's fine; work with what you can afford and save up money to grow into better gear over time. The best camera is always the one you have with you and by this I mean, if you own a $6,500 Canon 1DX and it's sitting at home, your best camera may be the free one that came built into the phone in your pocket!
blugir blugir Post 27 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
Professional SLR cameras in Canada cost $4,000 to $9,000 dollars without accessories and only one lens. Good DSLR cameras cost around $2,000 to $3,000 with a decent set of lens. Basic DSLR cameras cost $800 to $1,600 in kit form - your best choice if you don't know what you are doing and money is no object.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 28 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
@Cockney: it all depends what you want to to do with the camera. If this is for safari expeditions, local photography, portrait, or have some vlog possibilities, your needs will be different.

For example, I had a Canon 200D with some EF-S lenses and decided to go into vlogging in addition to my photography work, I had to have a camera that had a full frame sensor for working in better light conditions and that could give me a sound output (headphone jack) to monitor the sound quality. I ended up pushing into the new Canon EOS R (mirrorless full frame camera) because the EOS 7D was a little weak and the EOS 5D did not have a tilt screen monitor that I could rely on. Yes, it was more expensive but it is a good investment.

If you are a starter photographer, I recommend you look at the second-hand market at photo shops... those are great ways to get started with an upgraded camera still in a decent price range.
mariah mariah Post 29 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
From my point of view there is nothing known as a good photographer is equal to good camera. I would suggest you to take one normal Nikon camera and get started with taking photos. The more you take photos the more you will understand about the flaws in your photos and also in your camera then you will understand about the requirement of a good camera. One must complete the first step before advancing. It is very imporant.
c_socaciu c_socaciu Post 30 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
the best camera is the one you have. In order to answer your question directly, I recommend you to read the following article https://4photographers.blogspot.com/202 ... -dslr.html
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the