Suggest a good camera

<123>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Sheperson Sheperson Post 1 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
Hi,
I am new here and I am about to begin photographing. I am about to buy a good camera. The price is not important.
Can anyone suggest a professional Digital Camera for me.

Thanks.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
If you are all new to photography i would suggest that you have no need for a professional camera. Unless you want to create an suggestion or illusion of being a "professional" photographer, and believe me that will not work.

Learn the basics of photography and do not make the mistake of believing that if you spend enough money you will become a good photographer.

A good beginners camera could be Nikon D5000 or Canon 500D,

Learn to work with that then possibly after a while you may be up to something more advanced.
Sheperson Sheperson Post 3 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
Thanks Ruud.
You are right about it, but I don't want to spend money twice on buying a camera.
Thanks again.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
You said money is no object, you said you are about to begin photography.

Follow Ruud's advice and you will not regret it as money is no object and it will enable you to understand what you are doing so you can find the right professional camera.

Professional SLR cameras in Canada cost $4,000 to $9,000 dollars without accessories and only one lens. Good DSLR cameras cost around $2,000 to $3,000 with a decent set of lens. Basic DSLR cameras cost $800 to $1,600 in kit form - your best choice if you don't know what you are doing and money is no object.

Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony and Olympus are all good quality DSLR's that come in various price ranges. Start somehwere but don't start with an $4,000 to $9,000 camera unless you have more $ than.
Abdul Halim Ab Rahman Abdul Halim Ab Rahman Post 5 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
Sheperson,
One more thing, try to make right decision on the brand also...after sometimes when you spent a lot of money on accessories like lens, flash etc...and you want to "switch" to other brand...it will lost a lot of money.
Viktor Nastoski Viktor Nastoski Post 6 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
previously said is very correct, i am also new in photography and i bought a CANON Xti Rebel ,and, if you believe me, 30 eu plastic lens, total for starters, i have great deal of learning whit that...
Brian Cathie Brian Cathie Post 7 of 33
1 x Thank You
link
I use a Canon 400d and it is a great camera for a beginner. I have learned a lot about photography using it, and I am more interested in buying a couple of good quality lenses which I think will benefit me more than if i buy a more expensive camera...
Deleted user Deleted user Post 8 of 33
1 x Thank You
link
The 5D mark II is really a great one !! Can't recommend anything else .... it's small, fast enough and Full Frame !!
and with 21MP you can make nice prints !!
Stefan Bar. ² Stefan Bar. ²   Post 9 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
It depends on many points to consider.
Preferred subejcts and motifs, weather sealing, and so on. If you want a camera for all occasions, the Nikon D700 may be an option, followed by Canon 7D or Pentax K5.
The following question is about the necessary lenses for your purposes. So a little more information from you would be helpful.
Vladimir Plugnikov Vladimir Plugnikov Post 10 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
If price is not important buy a "Hasselblad" :)
Hans Goepel Hans Goepel Post 11 of 33
1 x Thank You
link
Nikon D90.

http://qualityphotography.smugmug.com/
ssatyamm ssatyamm Post 12 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
for digital(point and shoot) camera,I think Sony(cybershot/antiblur system) is very good...go for Sony ..and if you interested in DSLR choose among Canon,Nikon!I prefer Canon.Good economic slr body and best lens is my advice to you !
Nebbius Nebbius Post 13 of 33
1 x Thank You
link
better a cheap body and a professional lens! A Canon 550D (even used) + Canon 24-70 f2,8 + Canon 85 f1,8 (one of the best lenses for a small price)
_visual_notes_ _visual_notes_ Post 14 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
If you're looking for a professional camera, in the DSLR market it's ALL about Nikon and Canon, not even Sony. Above this market it's about Hasselblad, Leica, and Linhof.

Cams like a Nikon D5000 or Canon 400D / 500D or Sony Cybershot are nice TOYS for children and housewifes. Even amateur photographers can use them, but pros will probably laugh about them.
Dr. Labude Dr. Labude Post 15 of 33
0 x Thank You
link
It's a kind of strange question. Your gear will depend on whats your goal. Let's try:

If you want to have you camera always with you and want gear that suits perfectly to your Porsche, buy a Leica M9 with 35mm Summicron or Summilux. Every pro will be envious and you are likely to shoot nice pictures from the beginning.

If you want to shoot in the studio most of the time, print your pictures 3 meters wide and are willing to learn to use your camera for a couple of years: buy a mid-format SLR (Mamiya or Hasselbladt) with a data back. Real pros are going to beg you to borrow it to them. You will not seriously consider this option.

If you want to impress models with a huge body buy a Nikon D3 or D4 and a big portrait lens like the 1,4/85 AF-S. Add a really big 2.8 Zoom with golden ring on it and you are perfectly equipped for shooting sport events as well.

If you just want a camera for all your needs today and the next 5 years and you want to be able to upgrade to real professional gear: get a good Nikon DX SLR like the 5100 or the 7000 and some lenses that will also work on an FX body, preferably one ore two prime lenses for portrait and a fat and heavy 2.8 zoom (if you want to take it on the road, forget the pro zoom and get an 28-300 VR - you will hardly need anything else). If you sell the body in some years you will lose next to nothing and you can use all the lenses for the next 50 years.

Was that helpful?

Post Edited (22:39)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the