Photography as a profession?

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 1 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
What do you think about photography as a profession. I am doing it now as a hobby, is it good to take it as a career way?
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 13
1 x Thank You
link
In order to be able to answer this i think you should first show us some of your photography.

Photographer is a great profession, but you have to really good in order to be able to make a living out of it.
Last edited by Ruud van der Lubben on 18.02.15, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 3 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Ruud van der Lubben 18.02.15, 20:52To the cited postIn order to be able to answer this i think you should first show us some of your photography.

Photographer is a great profession, but you have to really good in order to be able to make a living out of it.

Thank you for your reply. I am just starting photography and hope will be good to post my photos here soon.
Mary21 Mary21 Post 4 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Hi! I think that it can be your profession, why not? If you think that your skill is good you can look at fixthephoto.com They can give you a real job. My friends are working there. Good luck!
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 5 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Mary21 09.03.17, 10:30To the cited postHi! I think that it can be your profession, why not? If you think that your skill is good you can look at fixthephoto.com They can give you a real job. My friends are working there. Good luck!
I guess fixthephoto is not the place for a photographer, or am I wrong?!
Max Simson Max Simson Post 6 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
These days, Photography is fast emerging as a popular career choice among all the age groups. Photography is both a science and an art. It is an artistic means of expression, the camera replacing the pen or the paintbrush.
A photographer must be able to create a good composition of any subject, a piece of machinery, the beauty of human body, scenery or a child's smile.
It is rightly said that a single picture can sometimes be much more eloquent than a thousand words. Few vocations offer a larger variety of prospects than does photography. Photography is divided into many streams each generating numerous job opportunities.
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 7 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Max Simson 14.08.17, 16:33To the cited postThese days, Photography is fast emerging as a popular career choice among all the age groups. Photography is both a science and an art. It is an artistic means of expression, the camera replacing the pen or the paintbrush.
A photographer must be able to create a good composition of any subject, a piece of machinery, the beauty of human body, scenery or a child's smile.
It is rightly said that a single picture can sometimes be much more eloquent than a thousand words. Few vocations offer a larger variety of prospects than does photography. Photography is divided into many streams each generating numerous job opportunities.

I am agree with you on this.
xxx xxx Post 8 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
It is anticipated that the demand of professional photographer’s services will be static through the end of this decade on a scale of low to high. Their opportunities and challenges both are expanding for the advantages of technology specially those are related to digital photography. The ranks of self-employed, freelance photographers are growing faster more than those engaged in traditional employment. So the more skilled and experienced you will be, the more acceptance of your will be increased in the market. If you have the greatest depth and breadth of demonstrable experience, expert in using computer based image post processing tools then go ahead for this profession.
ShaneHaumpton ShaneHaumpton Post 9 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
I've read this somewhere, "Even a somewhat mediocre photographer can become a successful professional if they remember one thing: professional photography is about 20% being a photographer, and 80% being a good business person."
productpicture productpicture Post 10 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Nobody says a good photographer can earn good money. Self marketing is as always the most important part.
Check also here is a description how to do self marketing as a photographer https://www.productpicture.de/hollowman/
Deleted user Deleted user Post 11 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
I am a freelance business consultant and strong photo hobbyist. I am integrating my photo skills into the revenue stream of my business consultancy but it is not just as simple. As many target social media for photography needs, the high-end skills are not as valued as they used to. For this reason, I am turning more into blog and vlog as competition from smartphones is less relevant. A good photographer must know what he/she is good at (portrait, documentary, sports...) and build a business model associated with those skills and preferences.
Yet, the photography "society" is not easy to get into. I am currently looking for professional photographers in the Munich (Germany) area with whom I can partner to go along on some assignments to continue my learning. If anyone has contacts, I'd love to hear from you.
mariah mariah Post 12 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
If you are really good only then you can choose it as your profession. Do one thing, try to take random photos of people in public with their permission, if they like your photos and want them to buy from you then you will know that you are too good and then you can choose it as your career. Choosing photography as a career is not a joke at all. You have to be the best to make it happen.
rirawa2532 rirawa2532 Post 13 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Hi. it's a really good profession. keep doint it
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the