MOVING ON FROM D40

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Hi i currently have a nikon D40,had it a while now and would like to move on but there's the question to WHAT.?.I have various lens's purchased for use with the nikon ,so would like to hang onto them,but there are so many nikons available now,i am totally confused,looking at budget of about £600.
i mainly take close-up macro stuff,landscape occasionally.

any advice welcome
Vladimir Plugnikov Vladimir Plugnikov Post 2 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Dear Yvonne,
As for me in your situation Nikon D5100 will be best solution
_visual_notes_ _visual_notes_ Post 3 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
There are not so many, darling!

Like Vladimir wrote: a D5100 will do. It has a tiltable display, which is a nice feature.

What about a nice, but used one: a D5000 (similar to D5100) at about 300-350 GBP, D90 at a similar price (simply a really nice DSLR), or a D300 at about 600 GBP (a very fast camera with semi-pro quality).

I've bought a D5000 at 350 GBP about nine months ago, which had only 2,000 shutters done - it was almost new, from a dealer (www.mifsuds.com from Brixham) with guarantee.

www.ffordes.co.uk (from Inverness) is another good address to find good used cameras without risk.
abross abross Post 4 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
There are a ton of options actually and I remember the D40 to be my first ever body! It was great and all that but when you want to progress with your inclination, you have to get something better. I personally went with the D90 and it was a lot great. From being an upper tier entry level set, it sured paved for a lot of great things.

But it would also be great to choose one that would be apt for your shooting preference.
Dr. Labude Dr. Labude Post 5 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
My D7000 is the best choice I can imagine. I can strongly recommend it. All your lenses will work perfectly and you can also use the older NIKKORS without AF motor. The same sensor as the 5100 and a lot more options.
_visual_notes_ _visual_notes_ Post 6 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Yvonne marisa wrote:

looking at budget of about £600.

Dr. Labude wrote:

Quote:My D7000 is the best choice I can imagine.

The D7000 should be around 1,000 GBP rather than 600 GBP.

If anyone offered me a new one for 600 GBP - I'll buy it immediately...
Dr. Labude Dr. Labude Post 7 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Just get it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-D7000-Dig ... B00437RK7C
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the