how to select a flim for certain event......??????

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Jit Ping Leong Jit Ping Leong Post 1 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
hi

i just new in this hobby field

i am trying to know which type of professional flim such as slide and negative flim suitable to use in certain event ......

this question first come to me when i discovered that using slide like fujiflim velvia 50 in daylight is very extraordinary, i am shock when i compare the effect with the normal negative flim like fujiflim 100 or 200

but i also discovered that when i used the slide to take event indoor just using bulit in flash light then effect is not good worst that using the normal flim...

why is that, and i discover there is so many kind of different flim in the market like fuji velvia, sensia, provia,nps type, kodak professional flim and many more
so how do i choose among this all kind of flim...........

please help me............
Octávio Diaz-Bérrio Octávio Diaz-Bérrio Post 2 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
A lot of reading and practice!! :-)
John Holmes John Holmes Post 3 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
there are websites that compare the properties of variuos films. one of them was from one of the photography mags; "popular photography"? checking film mfg's websites may also yield results.
i thing you could search/google for film reviews and comparisons.. good luck
Blamonge Blamonge Post 4 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
go and pester at a pro retailer
Kieran Tobin Kieran Tobin Post 5 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
if you want detail in an image.. then slide film 100 iso.. though as it's a slow filem you might want to bring a tripod along with you... or buy a book... buy some different film speeds.. (100,400,800, 1600 iso) and see wnat happenes.. enjoy your day.. :)
Jordan Shepler Jordan Shepler Post 6 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
I have never had been able to decide apon a film only by reading of it... The only way to realy choose the best is to shoot with it. This ofcourse is costly, but if the results realy matter then this is the only way to go.
Larry Franco Larry Franco Post 7 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Hi;
Which B&W Film is used to produce the lovely B&W Images I've seen on this site. The nude/semi nude is beautiful, I love the skin tones and everything else that goes with the image. Do I use a red filter, green filter or something else?
Thank You in advance for the advice.
Larry...
Albert Jinks Albert Jinks Post 8 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Well, I have to tell you I havent realy herd a good reply yet? So I hope you read this one I'll try to explain as best as possible! So well first start out at the film speed, = which is called iso..So they come in 50-3600. I am sure you've seen the many diff speeds, so here is just a quick reference...100 is for out doors with alot of light, and produces a very tight group of grain, wich makes the picture you see, now slide film is going to be your best bet for scanning of for super saturation...means very good colors, and scans easily. 200 is only neg flm but fuji makes nice film no matter what it is, so if you need a little play with your apature/shutter..200 is the best, but you still got 400 witch is what alot of sports shots are done in, and works well in low light, its a fast film, and could be used in doors, I almost never use flash! At all! It realy ruins the great natural light inn alot of situations, so if you want to capute in doors sports shots use fuji crome velviea 400(slide film),a nd if you must you can use a flash and be able to pull off a nice exposure, the same goes for out side with good amount of light, you can use 100 fuji crome, or the fuji 200..if you have a tripod I would recomend it only if your shooting at a slow shutter speed, below 1/125 of sec? So I hope I did over kill, but i just hate when I ask a question, and every one who answers, is very short-- they say just enuff to let me know that they know, and I dont... P.s. i found out alot by simply looking at advertisements, that film companies put out...they have alot of good info!
Jonny Motta Jonny Motta Post 9 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Post Edited (17:30h)

Post Edited (17:30h)
Dirk Hofmann Dirk Hofmann   Post 10 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
i think to try them under real conditions would be the best way ... :-)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 11 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Fujicolor 200 is your best, all purpose, overall good film for all your needs. The 400 is fast, but resolution is too big. The 100 has good resolution, but too slow a film. 200 is in between and you can't go wrong.
Kim Clauson Kim Clauson Post 12 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
I agree with Dirk, trying out films is the only way to know best which film to use, besides, that is half the fun of photography. If I got back a dollar for every film I ever tried... No one said photography was inexpensive! Good luck ;)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the