hi all, I need some advices about canon lenses.10-22 or 16-3

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
hinizturgay hinizturgay Post 1 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
I have been thinking of buying a canon lens which is 10-22's one, but I read some critic about 16-35 mm f 2.8 II L, so I think I'll go for it. Before I do that, I would like to hear some voices about that point. Which lens should I buy canon 10-22 or canon 16-35 2.8 II L? I am a bit lack of idea, any idea would be great for me. Thanks for helping me out.

Post Edited (14:56)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
I think you should look to what you want to shoot with the lens.
10-22mm and 16-35 are lenses which you can not really compare as they have quite different ranges.
Montana Five Montana Five Post 3 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
As Ruud has said, it really depends on where your main interests lie, personally I would go for the 16-35, though if I could afford a bag full of lenses the 10-22 would probably be in there too, for special occasions.
hinizturgay hinizturgay Post 4 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
I have already canon 350 but I am thinking of buying a camera which have full-frame option, so I made some reading and I realised that if I bought canon 10-22 lens I would not use it with my new full frame camera. That's make me concern and this is the reason of thinking to buy canon 16-35 lens. Am I wrong?
Deleted user Deleted user Post 5 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
The 10-22 lens is an S model not made for a full frame (FF) camera. Putting it on a FF body would not give you satisfactory results because the resulting images would have the sides and top round off (like shooting through a barrel). In other words it is made specifically for bodys that have a 1.5/1.6 magnification factor on the sensor (sensors smaller than FF).

The 16-35 f2.8L and 17-40 f4.0L are the only Canon zoom wide angle lenses that work fully on both FF and small frame cameras. The specs on each tell their story and the price of each is a personal decsion only you can make.
hinizturgay hinizturgay Post 6 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
thank you very much for helping me out. I have just bought sigma 10-20 f3.5 lens, right now I am playing with it. Again, thanks a lot all of you spent some time to answer my question and gave some advices, I am appreciated it.
Q.A. Q.A. Post 7 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
You must be using a crop sensor camera as the 10-22 is an EF-S lens and foes not fit the full frame cameras (like 5d).
with a crop sensor you must know that using an EF (not EF-S) means a multiplier of 1.6 to the focal length. So the 16-35 (which is a favorite of mine) becomes a 25-56. These are not close enough to do the same functions. The costs are not similar either as a 10-22 is a about $650 new and the 16-35 is about $1000 more. If you are beginning I suggest limiting the expense until you find your voice. Then spend resources there. You may find an specialty that pleases you and those lenses may be completely different than where you began.

Post Edited (14:56)[/quote]
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the