Filters

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Maria Mylona Maria Mylona Post 1 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Hello to all,

I have a question regarding filters. I am preparing a photo shooting and i was wondering if there is a filter available on the market that can add to a moody weather.

The photo shooting is going to take place at the beach and there is also a big chance that the weather will be cloudy. Is there something that can boost the sky or the atmosphere in any way? I am going to use natural light and maybe a reflector.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Maria
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 2 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
http://www.photoanswers.co.uk/Video-Tut ... poloriser/

Take a look here Maria.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 3 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
If you only want to darken the sky it is best to use gradual filters. These are available in several sorts and colours.

One supplier is Cokin.

Have a look at www.cokin.com
Maria Mylona Maria Mylona Post 4 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Thank you both very much!I will take a look.
Well Ruud i do not know if i only want to darken the sky. As you know better than me the dutch weather is very unpredictable and i do not want to cancel my date for the shooting. So i thought i could make use of the available light, unless it rains, and i can use a filter to add more drama to the photo.

So that is what I need to do, but that is just in case.
I hope it makes sense.

Thanks again.
maria
Stefan Bar. ² Stefan Bar. ²   Post 5 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
LEE Filters is the more professional alternative. Their catalogue shows example of usage in different situations.
It's available on their website for free download.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 6 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
The problem with LEE filters is that they are very hard to get.
LEE is very slow in producing, with as a result that i have customers already waiting months for them to become avalable.

Unfortunately in the meantime Cokin has gone into bankruptcy and is not being produced anymore.
_visual_notes_ _visual_notes_ Post 7 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
I recommend a ND4 Hard Grad filter. Buy a square one, P size. It's around 30 GBP incl. the plastic bits to screw it into your lens.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the