background supports

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Anyone in Euroland know of cheap and portable background supports?
You know, 2 tripods and a crossbar to hold rolled paper or cloth.
I was going to just make some out of wood, as that's my thing.. but wondered if there were cheap alternatives. I don't need fantasic ones as they're for occasional use on location.

Any ideas welcome.

Regards, Rob.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Rob ... I have just fashioned a Nikon D2X out of balsa wood and mdf .. it seems to work great and is almost as good as the real thing ... the only downside are the optics and mirror ... the wood doesn't seem to be an ideal medium for this so I am looking for alternatives. I have some plastic that my last CF card came in and that may be just the ticket. I havent managed to download any images off my wooden memory card yet, so I suspect the storage properties will need fine tuning. If any one else has made a Pro standard dslr out of wood or other materials please let me know ... ;0)

P.S. I know nowt about supports so sorry I can't help you with that ...

Regards, Paul.

Post Edited (22:48h)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 3 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Rob, have a look at www.walimex.de, they're having some special offer, i'll send you the mail i got.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
hahahah, Paul..

Thanks Ruud, looking now.
Danny W. Wilson Danny W. Wilson Post 5 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Rod, an alternative to this is, microphone stands. You can usually find them used at music stores and pawn shops. The heavy metal bases help them to stand up even in light wind and they are adjustable too. Then all you need is a dowel rod to run from one stand to another and hang your background. This is a cheap alternative, hope it helps.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 6 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
I actually just bought at the building-market 2 lampstands as used for building halogen lamps, for just over € 10 a piece, they go to 2,5 meter high and can be turned into backround setup very easily.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the