arrrgh, dead CF card

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Has anyone had a Lexar CF card die?

Iused my 1gb card yesterday, just fine. The evening.. nothing. Camera gives an error, card reader can't see it..
I think it's had it's best day..

Apparently Lexar will replace failed cards. I've mailed anyway to see what they say.

The best bit? I'm shooting a wedding tomorrow.
Dennis Veldman Dennis Veldman Post 2 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
o oh! cant you use a file recovery software? i had my memory card giving errors but thank god i had recovery software..
good luck on the wedding shoot!
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Dennis,

Nope. Nothing goes. PC hangs when trying access the card through reader. Tried several cameras and PC's. all the same.

I bought another card anyway.. The guy in the shop suggested I mailed the importer or lexar as even the most basic of their cards has a 5 year warranty. So if they do replace it, I'll have a spare card.
The wedding went fine, thanks.

Rob.
Dennis Veldman Dennis Veldman Post 4 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
That's good to hear but still a shame you lost your work that was on the card.
Im glad the wedding was a succes,
GRTZ
D
Deleted user Deleted user Post 5 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Rob - I had a card corrupt on me ... every time I tried to read it my pc hung ... kept running recovery software (freebie stuff) then downloading as normal .. each time I did it I got a bit more info off the card (avoiding selecting the suspect files for download) .. till eventually I had all the good files .. then popped it back into my camera and formatted the card ... no problems since ...
AKiwi Hansen AKiwi Hansen Post 6 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
It was the 80x Professional wasn't it!
I've had one die on me also. Opened an online support case with them and they sait is was one of a bad batch they had. They replaced it for me. Postage From Germany to US and Back was probably worth more than what I paid for the card.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the