advice for nice tripod

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
dh11-dawn dh11-dawn Post 1 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
would like to buy a nice tripod, any one can give some information or advice, thanks
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I found Manfrotto to have fine tripods (www.manfroto.com). Where I live (Canada) they have a good selection, great options, and there are many suppliers so you can often get good deals.

As with all things you can spend a lot or a little, depends on your budget. I like a tripod/monopod with a camera quick release feature and fully adjustable head. In additon to the tripod/monopod itself, you need to choose and select a head - while not mandatory it is what gives the tripod a user friendly appeal and a breeze to use (without a head I feel a tripod is very awkward in my landscape photography world and not worth the trouble).

Metal or carbon fibre tripods is a choice determined by your budget and how long and far you will be lugging your tripod around (after a while a tripod gets heavy and cumberson).

Tripod vs monopod? I have both and use them equally - tripod is superior for taking steady shots but inferior in tight places and where you need to move around a lot and quickly .........
Hans Goepel Hans Goepel Post 3 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Manfrotto

http://qualityphotography.smugmug.com/
_visual_notes_ _visual_notes_ Post 4 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Manfrotto, Gitzo, Giotto, Velbon - it's like a camera choice: they are all good.

It should be a steady tripod! Or, better: it MUST be a steady tripod!!

If you travel a lot, there is a permanent conflict between "steady" and "lightweight" - then you might need a carbon tripod.
Art Hutchins Art Hutchins Post 5 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I agree with Jürgen, though I would add that a quick release plate is essential and choose your tripod head carefully.

As to weight, I'd suggest you have something heavy to stabilise the tripod (I keep a plastic bag in my pocket which I fill with rocks and hang off the bottom, leaving the rocks behind when I move on) and utilise the self timer on the camera.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the