advice for nice tripod

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Your data is safe with us!
Google Ads Google Ads
dh11-dawn dh11-dawn Post 1 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
would like to buy a nice tripod, any one can give some information or advice, thanks
Michael Lunse Michael Lunse Post 2 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I found Manfrotto to have fine tripods (www.manfroto.com). Where I live (Canada) they have a good selection, great options, and there are many suppliers so you can often get good deals.

As with all things you can spend a lot or a little, depends on your budget. I like a tripod/monopod with a camera quick release feature and fully adjustable head. In additon to the tripod/monopod itself, you need to choose and select a head - while not mandatory it is what gives the tripod a user friendly appeal and a breeze to use (without a head I feel a tripod is very awkward in my landscape photography world and not worth the trouble).

Metal or carbon fibre tripods is a choice determined by your budget and how long and far you will be lugging your tripod around (after a while a tripod gets heavy and cumberson).

Tripod vs monopod? I have both and use them equally - tripod is superior for taking steady shots but inferior in tight places and where you need to move around a lot and quickly .........
Hans Goepel Hans Goepel Post 3 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Manfrotto

http://qualityphotography.smugmug.com/
Jürgen W2 Jürgen W2 Post 4 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Manfrotto, Gitzo, Giotto, Velbon - it's like a camera choice: they are all good.

It should be a steady tripod! Or, better: it MUST be a steady tripod!!

If you travel a lot, there is a permanent conflict between "steady" and "lightweight" - then you might need a carbon tripod.
Art Hutchins Art Hutchins Post 5 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I agree with Jürgen, though I would add that a quick release plate is essential and choose your tripod head carefully.

As to weight, I'd suggest you have something heavy to stabilise the tripod (I keep a plastic bag in my pocket which I fill with rocks and hang off the bottom, leaving the rocks behind when I move on) and utilise the self timer on the camera.
Google Ads Google Ads
Google Ads Google Ads
Google Ads Google Ads
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Your data is safe with us!
To the