A new Photo Challenge:
Long Exposure Photography
Take part in a difficult (or not so) part of photography: “bulb mode” as a means of photographic design is challenging photographers. Tripod, flashlight, filters, patience, all are needed to get satisfying results. It will bring your camera to the limits and maybe yourself. Let us take part in your experience.
Here are five essential tips for successful bulb mode photos:
- choose a sturdy platform to avoid vibrations (tripod, remote or cabled shutter release, solid ground)
- keep the ISO adjustments as low as possible to avoid noisy images
- look for a suitable object to get an eye-catching effect (waterfall, highway, lighted ferry wheel, etc.)
- bring patience to control the whole process
- get dressed respectively for the situation
Show us your best long exposure photos!
Structure and stages of the Photo Challenge:
Extended Voting Only Phase until 30. October 2017
Announcement of the Results: 31. October 2017
How to participate:
- All registered photographers of fotocommunity are eligible to participate. (Register now)
- Each account may participate in the Photo Challenge with 3 different pictures.
- The photos can only be voted by our premium members. (Become a premium member now)
- Please no copyright notice in the photo and in the title!
- Photos that do not fit into the competition will be removed.
- The photos are anonymous during the upload and voting phase.
- Failure to comply to the rules will result in administrative removal of the photo.
Interested? Upload your photo here !
The first three winning photos will be placed in the Gallery.